Friday, October 22, 2010

My Goals

For me, obedience training is not about the money, I enjoy what I do. Currently, I work with all breeds of dogs and offer free training to local animal rescues.

However, my goal is this:

For the next 5 years (give or take), I want to work with all different kinds of dogs from all kinds of different backgrounds. I want to get as much experience as I possibly can working with shelters, rescues, and privately owned dogs.
Also during these years, I would like to become a professional groomer and a certified veterinary assistant (which I'm already in the process of doing).

When all that is taken care of, and I feel I have enough experience in all of those fields, I would like to start my own business(es) and Bully Rescue. My **plan** is to either buy or build a facility that would have a grooming salon and a boarding/doggy-daycare facility. I want to use the profits from those two to fund a Bully Rescue/Rehabilitation Program.

My plan for the program:
To take in dogs that have been rejected by other rescues for things like behavior problems, medical needs, or for some other reason have a low-adoptability status. I would like to work on the issues they have, put them through a basic obedience course, have them spayed/neutered, and micro-chipped.
I would **like** if possible, to send them home with all of their basic necessities, such as a collar and leash, food and water bowls, a dog bed, a kennel, a kong, and some other toys.

Yes, I know that this is something that requires a lot of funding, and a lot of time, and I know that its not going to be easy. Heck, I may not ever be able to send them home with all the things I'd like to, but it is definitely something that I want to try very hard to accomplish.

Oh, and I am thinking about also specializing with shepherds also... Especially Aussies.
Any how, any thoughts, comments, or suggestions would be appreciated! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment